Japanese Garden was located in Sczytnicki Park, within the area of the People’s Hall at ul. Mickiewicza. The complex constitutes one of the few traces which remained after the World Exhibition organized in 1913. Its initial shape was designed and finally created by one of the greatest enthusiasts of the Japanese culture – count Fritz von Hochberg. Thanks to the help of a Japanese master gardener Mankichi Arai it was possible to create the garden the beauty of which used to amaze with its great references to Japanese culture and art.
In 1994, Wrocław authorities of that time decided to reshape the Japanese Garden in order to create an even better place for relax and sightseeing. They contacted the Embassy of Japan in Warsaw for support and the request itself encountered vivid interest of the Ambassador of Japan, Mr. Nagao Hyodo. The works began in 1996, aiming at adding beauty to the entire complex. Those who mainly participated in the design stage were Japanese experts from the city of Nagoya. Master gardeners, architects of stone structures, garden architects as well as many other people got involved in the revalorization of the garden. Thanks to them, the Japanese Garden in Wrocław was given the glam and beauty of the Japanese garden.
The presence of Japanese experts made each design together with all the works connected with making the garden beautiful to the tiniest detail match the original Japanese art of garden design. All elements of the garden have their own place and meaning. Often invisible for those who have not discovered the genuine art of Japanese masters in garden development yet.